"What can I do?"
Vets Adopt Pets - Our program is about "Thanking Veterans for their service to us all". We are a community of contributors, shelters & rescues that join together to pay the adoption fee as our way of saying Thank You to Veterans, Active Duty & their Families.
In addition to U.S. Military & Veterans Adopting Shelter Pets for Companion Animals, we also provide support for Service Dog information & referrals. Also, we are slowing working on support packages for Military Working Dogs & their Handlers.
Our role is to pull together the many organizations, information and resources that exist to honor and celebrate the Human-Animal Bond which benefits both animals and Military humans as Companions, War Dogs & Service Dogs.
- TO EMBRACE & CELEBRATE THE HUMAN-ANIMAL BOND
- Focus on facilitating the adoption of shelter pets for Companion Dog needs as a show of respect and appreciation to Veterans & their Families.
- Encourage Pet Shelters to join in a national show of support with an adoption fee waiver for Veterans
- Educational emphasis on the health benefits of pet ownership.
- PTSD information & Suicide Prevention
- Support & acknowledgement of ALL Veterans
- To raise interest, awareness and support of Veterans adopting shelter pets for companion or service animal needs.
- Save the lives of shelter pets.
- Active suicide prevention.
- Enhancement of Vets Adopt Pets informational and adoption services.